Day 10, 11, 12: And Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

All right, I’ve had basement work done and now I’m back online. Like a lot of home repair work, the real devil was the setup beforehand and the cleaning afterward.

sumpBut now I have a new and improved sump pit, a pressure relief system, and a big old patched crack.  Yay, homeownership!

So, during all the jackhammering (oh my God, the jackhammering!) I put on my ear protection, sat upstairs, and worked on my Kayleen Pullover. It’s going a bit better now,and I can tell it hasn’t grown too large, as I’d feared. I’m finding the sides a bit . . . odd, as the pattern calls for putting one knit stitch on either side of the purl front (and one purl stitch on either side of the knit back), thus creating this little ridge along the sides:

kayleen2

It feels like my stitches on the ridge are too large and sloppy, but either I’m getting used to looking at it, or it’s becoming less of a problem as I continue on. I suppose the pattern calls for this for a good reason, so I’ll just go with it.

Wish I could say I had some jewelry to show, but I didn’t realize how much I depend on my anvil until it was tucked away in a corner behind plastic sheeting. Perhaps I ought to invest in a little steel bench block for future use, when I need my projects to be more portable.

About these ads

Leave a comment

Filed under sweater, yak yak yak

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s